DEEMED SALES, CONDITIONS OF SALE AND RETURNS POLICY
Fabric and haberdashery that are cut to your specifications
1. Fabric and some haberdashery items are cut to your specific requirements, and have little or no re-saleable value once cut.
2. Consequently you acknowledge and accept that a request by you to a member of staff to cut a quantity of fabric from a roll or to cut a haberdashery item to size shall be deemed to constitute a sale of such quantity of fabric or haberdashery item to you at the displayed or marked price.
3. You will accordingly be liable in such circumstances to pay the full purchase price for the fabric or haberdashery item.
4. By requesting a staff member to cut a quantity of fabric from a roll or to cut an haberdashery item to size, you furthermore acknowledge that:-
4.1. You have had a reasonable opportunity to examine the fabric / haberdashery item and have accepted delivery thereof; and
4.2. The fabric / haberdashery item is suitable for the purpose for which it was purchased.
5. Please note that no returns of cut fabric will be entertained unless these terms and conditions and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) provide otherwise.
6. Clearance goods are displayed in a clearly demarcated area and contain a description of the condition of the goods.
7. By purchasing such goods you accept that they are purchased in the condition specified and that:
7.1. You have had a reasonable opportunity to examine the goods and have accepted delivery thereof; and
7.2. Your attention has been drawn to the specific condition of the goods.
8. In respect of all goods sold, you acknowledge that:
8.1. You have had a reasonable opportunity to examine the goods and have accepted delivery thereof; and
8.2. The goods are suitable for the purpose for which they were purchased.
Returns / exchanges and refunds
9. The provisions of the CPA apply to returns / exchanges and refunds, and goods will only be returned /exchanged or refunded if the qualify for return/refund or exchange in terms of these terms and conditions read with the CPA.
10. Your attention is drawn to the fact that, except as otherwise provided in the CPA, returns will not be accepted in respect of goods that, after having been supplied to you, or at your direction, have been partially or entirely dissembled, physically altered, permanently installed, fixed, attached, joined or added to, blended or combined with, or embedded within other goods or property.
11. Where returns are applicable in terms of the CPA, a charge will be levied for use of the goods during the time they were in your possession, any consumption or depletion of the goods and for restoration costs to render the goods fit for re-stocking.
12. Refunds and / or exchanges will not be entertained unless you produce an original tax invoice generated by the store from which the goods were purchased.
13. As the Chamdor Faktry Sales stores operate independently, goods must be returned to the store from which the goods were purchased and will not be accepted by any other store.